Before we begin, let us quickly paint a picture for you. You’ve had a lousy day, you’re tired, and you’re hungry. You get home, and you must still cook. If you are anything like us, we are confident you would willingly give up anything to have your meal in the shortest time possible. Wouldn’t it be marvelous if you could have your meal ready with the push of a button?
With a blender, this can be your reality and that of those around you since everyone benefits. The opportunities a blender affords are endless. From mixing batter and dough, making creamy broth or soups to upping your nutrient game, a blender is a must-have kitchen appliance. Not only will it provide you with an opportunity to create new, deliciously wholesome foods quickly, but you get to do so with minimum effort.
After thoroughly evaluating various blenders in the market, we have put together a comprehensive list reviewing the top five blenders in the market that cost under $ 200.
Blenders at a Glance
To help meet the demand for malted milk drinks, blenders were invented in the early 1900s and quickly made their way to become one of the most sought-after kitchen appliances. Not to be confused with a food processor, a blender is the kitchen appliance you simply can't live without.
Blenders are typically used to liquefy solid ingredients, but thanks to innovation, blenders today can do so much more than before. From a practical viewpoint, there are two types of blenders, i.e., the countertop blender and the immersion blender. A lot like cars, these two types of blenders come in various makes and models each with its own unique set of features.
What to Look For
Shopping for Blenders can be tasking especially if you have no clue as to what you want or what is available in the market. You will have to pore over numerous researches and even more confusing user opinions. And this is only just the beginning. However, if you intend to get value for your money conducts a little solo research. Figure out the type of blender you want that will meet your needs. Your needs could be categorized by the frequency of use, budget, sturdiness, and purpose because all blenders are not created equally. Try blending a carrot in a normal blender, and you will understand what we are on about.
When purchasing a blender having a list of requirements of what you require out of your blender will go a long way in influencing your decision on which appliance to purchase. Some of the important characteristics that you should look out for in a good blender include: the availability of resources, your budget, online reviews from other users, the use and frequency of use, your budget and the blender settings. Once this has been narrowed down, it is easier to pick a device from the limitless options available in the market.
#5 Ninja Mega Kitchen System
Combining functions of a high-powered blender, a food processor and personal blender into one appliance, the Ninja Mega Kitchen System has been touted as bringing advanced technology to your kitchen. Even though this blender is advertised as a high-performance blending system that evolves to meet your needs, its functionality is subpar in comparison to other blenders in its category.
Unlike other blenders that perform all functions using a single jar, the Ninja Mega has multiple attachments that require assembly and disassembly to perform the various functions. It comes with about three to four containers each with a removable blade assembly. The base unit houses a pulse and power function as well as a limited 3-speed function. While it is quite capable of performing everyday blending tasks, it falls short in providing professional performance.
Whether you receive value for your money is entirely up to you. However, the package does include:
- 2 Horsepower, 1500-Watt motor base
- 72 ounces blending pitcher
- 64 ounces food processing bowl
- Two 16 ounces personal blender cups with to-go lids
- Different blades for different functions, i.e., personal blending cup blade, triple-stacked pitcher blade, double stacked food processor blade, and double stacked dough blade attachments.
- 24-ounce bowl-in-bowl adaptor
- Bowl-in-bowl chopping blade adaptor
What we like:
- The quality of blending output is great.
- The blender parts are machine washable.
- Unlike other blenders the parts of the Ninja Mega are replaceable.
What we didn’t like:
- Some users complained about the blending quality and the machines inability to perform “high-end” blender tasks.
- The attachments and parts must be changed frequently when performing different tasks.
- A relatively good number of users complained about the containers cracking easily and the blades getting detached.
Read More: Best Inexpensive Blender for Smoothies
#4 Jamba Appliances 2.4 hp Blender with 64 oz Jar:
Manufactured by Hamilton Beach in partnership with Jamba Appliances, the Jamba blender appears to be crowd favorites. “A solid blender without guilt or regret” as well as many other positive solid reviews from users on Amazon and a personal one from our editor, it is easy to see why we included the Jamba blender in our list. A seriously powerful machine, this blender combines very good quality blending with versatility in the kitchen. With no obvious flaws, the Jamba blender is well constructed with a base unit that houses a peak motor to rotate the stainless-steel blade, various pulse toggle functions, ten variable speed dial function for precise control and an on/off clasp. The bottom of the base unit has four pre-programmed functions which allow users to set the function and continue with other tasks while the cycle is ongoing.
Immaculately packed the set includes:
- A powerful 2.4 peak HP motor which propels blades to speeds over 210 mph
- A 64-ounce BPA free jar that fits comfortably into standard kitchen cabinets
- An Integrated emulsion cup to slowly add liquids to dressings and marinades
- A tamper for preparing spreads and frozen desserts
What we like:
- It includes an amazing recipe book with over 150 recipes for ideas on everything from appetizers to desserts.
- The Jamba blender comes/ is backed by an eight-year limited warranty.
- Four illumined program settings allowing for walk away convenience
What we didn’t like
- Its short tamper makes it almost impossible to process foods in small batches
- You cannot replace a part if it ever malfunctions or breaks.
#3 Mueller Ultra-Stick 9-Speed Hand Blender
Designed and engineered to last, the Mueller Ultra Stick is a powerful immersion blender that features a sophisticated design and can handle heavy duty multi-tasking blending in your kitchen. It is versatile and has the capability to handle various tasks from blending, pureeing, and crushing.
At first glance, this compact blender doesn’t appear like much, but the Mueller Ultra Stick stands out in comparison to other blenders in the same category. It comes with an ergonomic handle with two push buttons for turbo mode and to switch it on and off. And a dial on top of the handle to control the remaining 8-speed.
What we like:
- The blending arm reaches perfectly into deeper pots.
- The ergonomic grip prevents slipping and offers a comfortable grip while blending.
- The 500-watt motor is very powerful and quite impressive for an immersion blender.
- The variable 9-speed options facilitate blending consistency.
- Disassembly of the detachable shaft is easy and so is cleaning the blender.
What we didn’t:
- Users complained that the speed adjustment feature was inconveniencing as it required the use of both hands to be actualized.
- The trigger button requires continuous holding when using the blender.
#2 Nutri Ninja Fit
Designed for health-conscious individuals, the Nutri Ninja Fit is a single serve blender with an impressive 700 watt and blending jars that easily transform to travel ready to go cups. This blender was purely designed for making smoothies and as a competition for the Nutri Bullet. Which would explain the resemblance between the two. And even though it is easy to use a blender, it fails at being an all-purpose blender and can only be used for single tasks. The base of the blender that houses the 700-watt motor and is the size of a coffee cup. As far as features go the Ninja fit falls short but makes up for this with the design and speed. In the box, the Nutri Ninja Fit comes with
- Two 16-ounce Nutri Ninja cups
- Ninja Blade assembly
- Two-Sip & Seal to-go lids
- Instruction Book
What we liked:
- The sip and seal to go lids prevent leakages.
- It includes a recipe inspiration book in the box
- It is capable of crushing frozen fruits and ice
What we didn’t like:
- It doesn’t have a proper on and off button, so you must hold the container to keep it on
- The blades are made of plastic gears which means they wear out quicker than usual.
Read more: Best Blender Under 100 Dollars
#1 OXA Smart Powerful 4-in-1 Immersion Hand Blender
Handheld blenders are often overlooked. But the OXA Smart immersion blender is an impressive arsenal of attachments and is a powerful blender that immediately demands your attention. It combines a sturdy, lightweight design, elegance and a 300-watt motor for a strong performance. It has a 4-in-1 system that gives you diverse blending options as you can create the usual smoothie options as well as other kitchen tasks such as chopping vegetables and even whisking. This blender has six-speed option settings with turbo settings. The blending shaft is easily detachable from the motor unit and is easy to clean, and the motor works quietly and is enough for effortless blending. With some pretty glowing reviews among users across the internet, the OXA smart package includes:
- Electric blending arm
- Whisker attachment
- 500 mL food processor (BPA free)
- 600 mL beaker (BPA Free)
- Splash guard
What we liked:
- The motor is relatively quiet even with all its noise.
- It has a rubber handle for a secure grip.
- The package includes a splash guard to prevent food splatter
- The $40 price point make it a valuable purchase that gives you a bang for your buck.
What we didn’t like:
- The beaker and food processor bowl are not dishwasher friendly
In addition to checking the reviews and features, it is important that you read the fine print and look out for warranty options associated with your choice of device. It is not uncommon to purchase a defective device or for it to unexpectedly malfunction, which is why the warranty is extremely vital. Finding your ideal blender doesn’t have to be a daunting task provided you remember to look out for the things mentioned above. A review of the guide above will help you understand why the named appliances made it to our list and why.
Hello, I’m Scott – a juicer and blending enthusiast. I hope to inspire you to make one positive step towards your juicing or blending journey through visiting this site.
We’ll go over some easy tips, guides, hacks, and honest product reviews so that you don’t have to waste your time or money on trial and error.