Whether you are all about smart eating or have a little baby, blenders have become a necessity and are found in most kitchens today. Today, you can get a blender in almost any design or size to suit your need and kitchen style. Do not worry if you have a small kitchen or a large one, ample countertop space or limited or whether it’s an extravagant kitchen or a simple one, there is definitely a blender that will fit any setting.
To make things easy for you, we’ve categorized all the different available blenders into three types – countertop blenders, personal size blenders, and hand blenders. This will assist you to get a better understanding of what blender options are available and aid you in making an informed and smart decision when buying a blender for your kitchen.
3 Types of Blenders
Countertops blenders are designed to blend, cleave, and puree. This type of blender is designed to provide enough blending power and capacity for use in any type of application. Countertops blenders are best suited for households that have adequate kitchen space. They are sturdily built with a quality that makes it all-natural to squash ice.
Countertop blenders are available in different designed and come with a wide range of features. They are big enough to cater to most home blending jobs. Depending on the model you pick, some could be difficult to clean and also expensive. While they may be annoying to clean, they are perfect for people who want to make one or two more serves and are largely used for smoothies and juices.
Personal Size Blenders
Personal size blenders – also known as single-serve blenders – are not only easy to clean, but they are also very convenient and cheaper compared to countertop blenders. One thing that makes this type of blender attractive is that you can opt to drink from its jar without the need to transfer the blended contents to a different glass.
This doesn’t just save you additional cleaning, but makes the personal size blender perfect for people that are always in a rush and have to make a quick cup of smoothie to see them through the day. While they may be smaller than most ordinary blenders, their design is a lot similar to other blenders. Most people who invest in the personal size blender do so because of how economical and space-saving they are.
Hands down, hand blenders are the most economical when it comes to storage. However, they are not high powered like the countertop blenders. Also known as stick blenders, their design is stick-like and has blades at the bottom that get immersed in a container or pot so that the contents can be blended. Hand blenders are built for simple blending tasks for soft ingredients and smaller kitchens.
Because of their design, hand blenders are very easy to clean and are portable, especially if you get yourself a cordless model. They are also mostly made from plastic because of how lightweight they are. However, there are others that are made from stainless steel as well so you can choose one depending on your preference. Given how easy they are to use for blending soft ingredients, hand blenders are a favorite for most chefs.
Now, let’s go through some of the best blenders that you can get in the market today and what makes them ideal for your kitchen.
Best Blender Review
Calphalon Auto-Speed Dark Stainless Steel
One of the things that makes this Calphalon blender stand out is its automatic sensor feature that senses the right speed for the different ingredients being blended and adjusts as needed. Being a countertop blender, this Calphalon blender can be used for making smoothies, milkshakes, and dips.
- Automatic sensor that detects the right speed for the ingredients being blended
- Being a countertop blender, it can be used for making milkshakes, dips, and smoothies
- Designed with 10 adjustable speeds, four functions that are preset and a 1,100-watt motor
- An excellent blender choice thanks to the multiple uses
- The reverse pulse button aids in pulling ingredients down into the blade so that you end products is smooth
- The blades found in this Calphalon blender are easy to clean and very durable thanks to how they are designed
- Most of the parts of this blender are safe to wash in a dishwasher which adds to how easy it is to clean it
- While this blender isn’t silent, it’s a lot quieter than other blenders in this review
- Comes with two blending jars to suit your blending need – the larger pitcher is excellent for making large quantities of smoothies while the Blend-N-Go jar is ideal for a one or two serve
- It’s quite expensive
- The smoothie cup lid is a bit funny looking
NutriBullet NBR-1201 High-Speed Blender
The NutriBullet NBR-1201 blender is one of the best small blenders that you can find in the market today. For its price, this blender has a compact size and works pretty well. The patented blades are excellent and deliver a smooth drink.
- One of the best personal size blenders that you can get in the market
- It’s fast, has a compact size and despite its small size, it’s very powerful
- Boasts of a three stainless steel blades that are patented and a 600-watt motor that works together to deliver the perfect blend each time
- Does a good job of pureeing hard and tough foods like spinach, carrots, etc. even when they have been frozen
- Has a simple design that makes cleaning it easy
- It’s quite affordable and is a good blender option for anyone that is just getting started on a healthy lifestyle and doesn’t want to spend an arm and a leg to purchase a blender
- Comes with a one-year limited warranty
- Comes with two free plastic cups that are high-performance, durable and BPA free
- It doesn’t break seeds when blending
- It’s quite loud and needs shaking when you are blending to ensure the ingredients blend smoothly
KOIOS oxasmart Immersion Hand Blender
The KOIOS oxasmart is a powerful immersion hand blender that comes with a significant set of attachments that helps get rid of the strain that comes with day-to-day cooking tasks by helping turn green ingredient into an amazing frozen dessert in the shortest time possible.
- This hand blender comes with a beaker, stick blender and whisk attachments
- All the included attachments can be attached to the blender’s motor that once plugged into the wall, can help control the power and speed
- The attachments are high-quality, dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Blades do a good job of chopping different types of foods whether frozen, wet or dry
- Ability to customize the power depending on what you want to blend thanks to the different speed settings – six in total – and their ease of use
- The turbo button adds provides the blender with an extra power burst when needed without the need to turn the dial
- Has a pretty superb and sleek design that helps you save space when in use or when you need to store it
- Quite easy to assemble
- The blades, though made from metal, are not as sharp as you’d want them
- Not recommended for blending hot liquids
Vitamix 7500 Professional Blender
The Vitamix 7500 blender is an excellent choice for anyone that’s looking for the best commercial or professional blender for their business. Although expensive, the blender is worth it as it has a simple design, is high-capacity and has a self-cleaning feature.
- Available in three different colors
- Excellent choice for people that are keen on buying a professional blender that will allow them to make better food choices
- It’s an all-round blender meaning it’s both a food processor and blender that delivers amazing results
- Has 10 adjustable speeds which help you refine the ingredients you are blending
- Designed with stainless steel blades that are hardened to blend just about anything
- Perfect blender for turning those smoothies into frozen margaritas
- Vitamix is well-known for making quality blenders, and the Vitamix 7500 stays true to that
- The blender is 40 percent quieter compared to other Vitamix blenders
- Does a good enough job of blending different kinds of berries from blackberries, raspberries to strawberries
- Boasts of a self-cleaning feature that makes it easy for this blender to clean itself
- Very expensive
- It’s not dishwasher safe like other blenders in our review
- Doesn’t blend out all the small seeds
Ninja BL660 Professional Countertop Blender
This blender from Ninja is a high-powered and proficient cooking appliance with single-serve, pulse, and three-speed functions. It’s the perfect blender is you need to crush anything as it works like a beast and turns ice into snow in just a few seconds.
- Comes with the 16 oz cups that have the to-go lids that make it easy for you to take nicely blended smoothies on the go while 72 oz pitcher that’s big enough to make smoothies and drinks for the whole family
- The large pitcher allows you to make enough with one single option hence saving you time
- The suction cups at the bottom do an excellent job of positioning the blender in the right position when blending
- A well-made blender that is both sturdy, strong and affordable
- For professional performance, the blender has 1100-watts
- Some of the blender’s parts are BPA free and can be washed in a dishwasher safely
- Suitable for anyone that’s looking for a blender that extracts both nutrients and vitamins from veggies, whole fruits, and stems
- The design may not appeal to everyone
- It has a bulky lid, and the blade design is underwhelming
- It’s a bit loud
Ninja BL456 Blender
The Ninja BL456 blender is a good option for anyone that wants a countertop blender that costs less than $100. This blender is quick and efficient and has a solid build. It’s a versatile machine that is built to handle simple tasks regardless of its basic design.
- One of the best blenders for making smoothies and works better than other large blenders
- It’s quite fast when it comes to pulverizing vegetables and fruits
- Has a 900-watts motor that while less compared to some blenders in our review, still does a pretty decent job
- Because it has a simple designed, it’s very easy to clean
- Well-priced which makes this blender a lot more affordable
- Perfect blender for a small kitchen with one or two people
- All the parts can be washed using a dishwasher and the plastic used is BPA free
- Has a sleek design with a good color blend of black and silver
- It doesn’t blend everything quite efficiently, and there may be some small chunks of ingredients
- Removing the gasket for cleaning is a bit difficult, and when left uncleaned for long, it can have a bad smell
- Doesn’t have a control panel and it’s very loud
Blenders can make a lot of difference in your home regardless of whether you need one for your business or home use. While there are lots of blenders available in the market, finding one that suits your needs can be a bit of an issue, mainly if you aren’t sure what you need to consider. That said, one of the most important things to consider is the blender’s power.
If you purchase a blender with a high wattage, you are guaranteed that you will have a high-performing blender. The second most critical thing to consider is the blades. Poorly designed blades will make you waste time in trying to ensure that you end up with a smooth drink. Powerful blades, on the other hand, will quickly crush your ingredients and have you enjoying your smoothie in a matter of seconds.
Last but not least, consider the price and purpose. There is no need to spend a lot of money buying an expensive blender if you intend to use it once a week or so. The purpose of the blender will also help guide you on pricing. Remember, no one blender is an all-round blender so find one that suits your needs.
Hello, I’m Scott – a juicer and blending enthusiast. I hope to inspire you to make one positive step towards your juicing or blending journey through visiting this site.
We’ll go over some easy tips, guides, hacks, and honest product reviews so that you don’t have to waste your time or money on trial and error.